Action Learning is a process that involves a small group working on real problems and is particularly effective for helping organisations develop creative, flexible and successful strategies to pressing problems.
I am an accredited ILM Action Learning Set Facilitator and trainer and have regularly facilitated sets since 2015. I use Action Learning Sets to support organisational practice and professional development.
An action learning set brings together peers or colleagues who may or may not know each other. They’re then required to talk quite openly about specific issues, so that the process of reaching a plan of action for progress can take place.
When is it useful?
- To support organisational development and organisational change
- To face major challenges
- To test out new ways of working
- To map out ways to deal with a new situation
- To create reflection time for learning
Safeguarding aims to allow vulnerable adults, young people and children to live free from abuse, harm and neglect.
Making sense of the world of safeguarding and child protection isn’t always easy. I have long-standing knowledge, experience, and expertise in safeguarding and child protection from both the statutory and charity sector.
I am a social care professional and practitioner and have worked in a range of roles including leadership, management, consultancy, and educator. I have expertise in safeguarding and child protection and learning and development.
I can support you across a range of matters including:
- Reviewing safeguarding policies, processes, and procedures.
- Advice on specific safeguarding challenges.
- Practice reviews using a range of facilitative and educational learning approaches.
- Service and practice reviews, case audits, and inspection work.
If Action Learning or supporting you in your safeguarding work is something that interests you, please do not hesitate to get in touch.