Hello! I’m Wesley.
I am a qualified and experienced coach, mentor and facilitator with a background in social care, leadership, and education.
With a tailored approach to suit you, my coaching is an opportunity to focus and work on issues such as life choices, professional matters, relationship goals, developing positivity, managing stress, building strength, and spirituality. Supporting you to find solutions for yourself.
My style of working is compassionate and collaborative, guiding you to take that step confidently and flourish along the way.
My approach is not telling, assuming, or saying what will work for you. It’s helping you to take charge of your development, release your potential, and achieve the results that matter most to you.
This working style has been a common thread throughout my working life, as a social work practitioner, social work leader, and in the charity sector as safeguarding leader and consultant.
One of my earliest experiences of coaching was running a football coaching school for children between four and seven. The key to my coaching success was (and is), building relationships, having fun, working together creatively, finding out about yourself, and learning.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post Graduate Diploma (Level 7) in Professional Coaching and Mentoring – University of Kingston (2020)
- Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) accredited Action Learning Set Facilitator and Trainer
- 30 years experience in UK Local Government, Australian State Government, and the UK Charity sector
- A qualified social worker who has worked with all client groups with expertise in child protection and safeguarding
- BA (Hons) in Sociology – University of Essex
- MA in Childhood Studies – Oxford Brookes University
- Currently working as a Safeguarding Manager with the NSPCC
- Associate Lecturer Oxford Brookes University Social Work Department
- Member of Association for Coaching